Sunday, October 14, 2012

yarn shop

I went today with my sweet friend Amanda of the Thornton journal to Sin City Knit Shop. I'm working currently on my second knitted project but have only been to good ole' Michael's for yarns. I was so excited to got to my first real yarn shop, and ya'll, it's precious. If you're in the Las Vegas area, it is worth the trip to go! They've been open about 3 months now, Debbi is the sweetest, and they have so many different types of yarns, colors, and even locally hand dyed brands.


i love the old shutters to hold skeins of yarn

this was probably my favorite display piece, filled with
lace yarns that i can picture newborn babies wearing 


i love the variety of colors and textures, sizes of bundles, and
how they're wound or in skeins


and throughout the store were projects being worked on. you could ask
debbi or anyone who worked there what such-and-such yarn looked
like in a project, and they could either tell you or show you. i loved it. they
even offer free classes!


Of course, I had to buy some yarn while I was there. I got 2 skeins of ultra alpaca yarn (50% alpaca, 50% wool) in a blue and brown/red tones. Amanda and I then headed to Michael's since I had a gift card so I could get round knitting needles for a cowl I want to try. I'm going to do a knit stitch round cowl with the brown toned yarn and a dovetail cowl with the blue. I'm ridiculously excited.
 
my skein of yarn being wound


Amanda and I laughed a lot about how fun it would be to open up a yarn shop. Amanda would be so good at it too, and probably the youngest yarn shop owner around ;) 

I really cannot wait to go back. Debbi was so welcoming, Amanda helped me with all of the types of yarn and what I wanted/needed for my projects, and it was such a fun time touching all the different textures and soft yarns. Sin City Yarn Shop is such a beautiful shop, if you need yarn in Vegas definitely check it out!

1 comment:

  1. great post ;) love that photo of the hutch full o'yarn
    xo

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...