Slider

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Austen & I were offered to buy Chanel, the horse my neighbors have been horse-sitting for and I've been helping with. I love her to pieces, and she is the perfect horse for me. However, we've been talking a lot about trying to start our family in the next several months, and the thought of getting her to the point I'm riding her, then not being able to because I'm pregnant is tough. Taking care of a horse while 9 months pregnant or with a newborn, or a toddler and a newborn also sounds miserable. Austen works a funky shift too, and evenings are my time with him. Those would now be spent at the stables, and he's too exhausted everyday to go over there with me. He let me make the decision in the end, and I picked our future family over a horse.

My neighbor, Tiffany, and I were talking about it and she was so encouraging about it all. She knew I was still disappointed but she told me Chanel needs to go to a home with a little old lady who wants a sweet horse to look at out on her pasture all day, while she bakes pies. Haha! Sooo true though. Chanel needs a good home, and while I know we'd love her, that's just not where life is headed for us right now. The same thing had happened before Lilly and Shiloh - there was another dog I was looking at, thought it was perfect, but the timing somehow didn't click so it all fell through. I know when the time is right, I'll appreciate having a horse all the more, and there is a perfect one out there for me. As much of a sweetheart as Chanel is, she's just not the one for us.

In other news, I finished my 40 page ASW (Analysis of Student Work) report! It was printed, bound, and turned in yesterday. I'm so proud of it and worked really hard, and hopefully deserved an A. All I have left is 2 lesson plans to write and I'm done with my work for the semester! It's been such a great learning experience and I've loved being in Ms. Eneix's first grade class, and hoping my next two semesters are just as smooth in the classroom as this one has been :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan