Sunday, October 30, 2011

1 Year Anniversary Weekend

We celebrated our 1 year anniversary on Friday, October 28. We decided to make the weekend special by going up to Mount Charleston, about an hour away from base, and getting a little lodge for Saturday night. Friday night, Austen made us a steak dinner, and we watched the first 1/2 of the World Series (Texas Rangers vs. St. Louis Cardinals) before heading out to REI in Henderson for their garage sale. I love going up to the Henderson REI because while Austen does his boy stuff, I go walk the shops. My favorites are all there - Francesca's Collections, Anthropologie, Pottery Barn, and Panera Bread. I had 30 minutes to shop before they closed, and we were first in line for the morning garage sale. He camped out on the sidewalk with about 300 people (no joke) while I camped out in the car with both dogs cozy warm. He was able to get some really awesome deals, and that was his anniversary gift from me :) My anniversary gift was this pretty thing:


I loveee it! It's a beautiful black leather Coach purse with red interior lining. Ugh, I'm in heaven just looking at it! The hubs did good!!

After the REI garage sale, we headed home and packed up for Mount Charleston. We had a beautiful cabin that had nothing hindering the view of Mummy Mountain, and it was gorgeous. I think we had the fireplace on the entire time, lol. We enjoyed a relaxing day and night with the fireplace, a jacuzzi tub, giant king sized bed with the warmest blanket ever made, and dinner, dessert, and breakfast at the lodge. It was so romantic and relaxing. I loved getting away for even just a little getaway with my husband <3


dessert in the lodge by the fire


I loved our anniversary weekend. I can't believe it's been a year already and am so blessed to be married to my best friend, someone who loves me back equally and is so good to me! I love you, Austen! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...