Slider

Austen's 1 year mark

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

One year ago to date, Austen took his oath to protect our country through the U.S. Air Force. Sorry for the blurry picture, but I was shaking when I took it because I'd been crying on and off all night. This was about 2 minutes before he walked me outside of the hotel to kiss me and hold me before he left for 8 1/2 weeks of BMT. I was a hot mess because I knew our lives were about to change, and I was already so lonely knowing I wasn't going to have my best friend and boyfriend there to do life with me for a short period of time. But, as he said at his BMT graduation, time doesn't stand still no matter what you're doing, it'll pass just the same. And it did and here we are 1 year later. 

I could not be more proud of him for all the hard work he puts in at his job. He loves what he does, and works hard at it. He earns the respect of those around him by being respectable. I've seen some people try to force respect out of you, but Austen is the exact opposite. And I love him for that. He loves serving in the military and it's something you don't see out of every service member you meet. We chose this life and although sometimes I get frustrated, I wouldn't change it for the world. Because I'm with him. And as long as I am, I'll never want to change anything <3

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations you two! When Austen took that oath, and you chose to stand by him, Katie, then you really both chose to serve. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart for the dedication you both have.

    God bless you!
    Val

    ReplyDelete

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan