Slider

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I have the total puppy bug, so it's a good thing we're getting her in t-minus 2 weeks!! We have it narrowed down to 2 names and keep going back and forth between the two: Shiloh - Austen's always wanted a beagle named Shiloh, and growing up, I thought the character in the book was a girl. I think it's totally cute as a girl and would be stinkin' adorable. Then we have Scout - a girl name (from "To Kill a Mockingbird" and someone famous' daughter), but very tom-boyish and with a little attitude to it. Problem is, we love them both. If worse comes to worse, we'll pick on the 9 hour trip home with her :)

Our sweet adoption coordinator is going to try and get us pictures on Thursday, so I'll update that when I get them.

Also, a plug in to NorCal Beagle Rescue, they're the best. Our coordinator was emailing me what we'll need when we come pick her up, and said not to buy a travel kennel for her, that she has plenty and will GIVE us one! Holy smokes! Huge thanks to her on that one. And if you want one of our sweet girl's brothers, hope over to their website, click on the "adoptable dogs" link and right at the top is a little section for the 2 boys left in the litter.

I have my first two substitute teaching jobs this week out here in Viva Las Vegas. I won't lie - I'm a little nervous. I'm sticking to my stomping grounds for the first few, elementary schoolers. I love them and they (usually) love me. Let's hope that's the case here. Plus, I don't have to wear high heels to even out my height deficiency like when I teach middle/high schoolers. We're also excited that I'll be bringing in some extra money now! School is out for the summer in about a month, but at least I'll be able to work a significant amount until then, with my classes ending about 3 weeks before theirs.

We have stuff to paint! We also got beautiful flower arrangements from Micheal's done to match our paint colors in the living room and dining room. We haven't started painting yet, but I can't wait to. 

 the red/orange/yellow one designed specifically for our dining room (red wall behind it)

 the blue one matches perfectly - and wasn't designed with us in mind - in our family room

i just had to put this one in here :)

The last one - please forgive my double chin (that's not normal...I was laying down) and boys tank top. I'd just woken up. Lilly Mae woke me up at 7:30am on my day off, wanted to get up and GO, and an hour later came back in bed and plopped down like that. Yeah. After I'm awake, she wants to snuggle and go back to sleep. Still, how can you resist that face?? I loveee her.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan