Sunday, October 24, 2010

WE'RE ENGAGED!!!

WE'RE ENGAGED!!! :) 

It happened on October 23, 2010 at about 1:00pm at the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. I had zero idea it was going to happen. And the rest of the day ended up being one big surprise after another!

Austen came home for the first time since he left for BMT on July 12, and it was surreal having him home with me again! Our dog, Lilly, was freaking out having him there and couldn't stop giving him sugars! He was in kind of a hurry to get to his parents' house in Coppell, so we left and hungout with them for a little bit. He said his sister, Maddie, went to the Dallas Arboretum and said it was beautiful with all the fall stuff set out. So we went and walked around in the rain for a while. After lunch, he led me down some trail that ended up dead ending. He put his arms around me and said, "I'm really excited you're moving to Nellis with me," I told him I was too. He kept kissing my nose and kissing me. Then he said, "I want to be with you when I'm an old man..." and kept kissing me, then looking away, then he put his forehead against mine. I told him I did too. He was all fidgety and nervous so I said, "What??" And that only made him more nervous until he said, "Will you marry me?" I nodded my head and said, "Yes. ...Wait, are you asking?" He said, "Yeah. I mean I don't have a ring and I'd get down on one knee but the groun is all wet." (It was raining on us at this point) I couldn't stop smiling and I said that was okay! And he said, "So you'll marry me?" Which I replied with a big "YES!" :)

We left right away and talked some marriage plans (Huah, AF) and he said we had to go to Southlake Town Center because there was 2 appointments at 2 different jewelers so I could pick out a ring. At this point, I found out both of our families were in on it. And that they all knew it was happening that day! THANK YOU for keeping the secret! I loved being surprised!

We went to Kay's and Zale's and ended up finding the PERFECT ring at Zale's! It's a 1 karat princess cut diamond with a band of tiny diamonds that go around the base of the ring. It's perfect and I loveee it, but not nearly as much as I love Austen :)

We got home and I made all the girly phone calls to tell people the exciting news! We got ready and he had a white limo waiting outside my house to take us to Reunion Tower (the ball of lights in downtown Dallas) where he'd made reservations. We'd gone on a date once there and were not nearly dressed as nice as we should've been. We went planned out this time - him in his dress blues, and myself in a black strapless cocktail dress and cardigan and heels. We got in and there was a dozen red roses waiting at our table for us with a note that said, "Looking forward to the rest of my life with you! Love Always, Austen" :) And we had potstickers for an entree and then I got a Mongolian duck with lo-mein for dinner and he got lamb chops. If you ever want a fancy night out, go to Reunion Tower! Their food is to die for. 

On the way home, we surprised our close friends, Ryan & Anne, and took them for a quick drive in the limo to celebrate! It was sooo sweet getting to see them, especially since Austen hadn't seen Ryan since before he left for BMT. 

The wedding plans are as follows: we will have an intimate wedding in the courthouse on November 6 (unless plans get changed...that's the date we picked) so that we can make our transition to Nellis AFB easier. A small get-together for family and close friends will be after the wedding, and in about a year or so we will plan our wedding celebration we would like all of our family and friends to join us at! :)

We could not be happier. He completely outdid himself yesterday and set the bar SO HIGH for our friends and family when they get engaged! I always knew he was a romantic and he completely shined in it yesterday. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him. Him as my Airman, and me as his Air Force wife. :) 

At Reunion Tower after our incredible dinner...

 In the limo taking us to dinner...
 My ridiculously beautiful ring!!!

1 comment:

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...