Slider

our wedding

Friday, October 29, 2010

Well...yesterday was the big day! We got married at the Wichita Falls, TX courthouse by Judge Michael Little at about 1:45pm. It was a really sweet ceremony and we are both so glad everyone in our immediate families were able to make it. Having them there just added to the specialness of the ceremony.

Getting the marriage license wasn't hard. It took about 30 minutes to get, and I think we heard the entire life story of the lady who helped us, Toni. She's been engaged for 17 years...we now know why. HAHA! After that, we went down to get married and waited there for about another 30 minutes...but that wasn't all that bad. We had a fun time visiting with family and Judge Little was actually in the AF for 6 years prior to becoming a judge, so that was neat! He was hilarious too. 






The ceremony was short, sweet, and to the point. But very sweet! We stood under a little canopy and repeated our vows. Honestly, I don't quite remember every word we said to each other, I just remember the look in Austen's eyes, and holding hands with him. The way he started crying when he repeated his vows to me and choking on my vows to him because I was about to cry too (from happiness!). I kept stroking his hands with my thumbs and towards the end, he squeezed my hands tighter. Our first kiss as husband and wife was soooo amazing and I have never been happier. :)







We had a quick little reception where he and I cut a cake my Momma got for us. She had a G cake topper and gave us the cake cutter they used in their wedding almost 23 years ago. We laughed a lot as we fed each other cake and took a few more pictures with everyone.



Then we rushed off to go on base and get paperwork done! The Air Force sure does loveee their paperwork! We (somehow) managed to get everything done though in about 2 hours! I officially have my military i.d. and am going to be on his TriCare (health insurance) soon. We're both so relieved to have gotten it all done in an afternoon. Now we can enjoy our weekends together. 

Speaking of, I've been having fun with gift registeries! If anyone has a fun idea for a place to register to, let me know! I have the classics: Target, Crate & Barrel, Pottery Barn...any others that are good? 

I didn't think it was possible to miss Austen more than I have been the past 3 months, but it is. I miss my husband sooo much and can't wait for tomorrow morning to spend the weekend with him! I love him like crazy and just want him to be home with me, and our silly little Lilly. I can't wait for mid-December when he graduates and will be home again! And come January 1, we'll be moving out to Nellis AFB to start our life together in our first home as a married couple! 

Other exciting news: Lucy & Bobby Pegues (marines) got their orders today! They'll be going out to Camp Pendleton in Oceanside, CA...only 5 hours from us at Nellis AFB! That's much closer than where home is for both of us, 18 hours away from Vegas. We'll definitely have to make day trips to see one another to be a familiar face from home. :)

I have also been eliminating at the house. Yes, eliminating. Lots of trash bags. Even some of Goodwill trips (thanks Momma for helping me out with those). You come to realize when you're an Air Force wife what you need. All those books I've read once but won't read again? They're heavy...probably could leave them behind and not take up pounds on our allowed weight limit. The clothes that don't fit or are severely out of style? Goodwill! The funny ones are old diaries from when I was in middle school. Every crush seemed like he was "the one"...looking at them now, with a big diamond ring on my left hand and a new last name, it seems so silly. All the tears and heartbreaks were completely worth it. Austen is absolutely "the one" for me, and the only one I'll ever love. I told him last night when he called to say "goodnight" (yes, we didn't get to spend our wedding night together...sad, I know) that it was the happiest day of my life, and he said his too. 


We couldn't be happier. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all ya'lls comments! I will try to either respond to your comment via the post or in email to ((hopefully)) create a more personal conversation.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan